11.12.2012

October 22-28 {Highlights}


{Thomas & Nat, in their yoga poses. Thomas is doing the "coyote," and Nat is a "wolf"}

The kids and I have a new favorite Monday night activity: Family Yoga! It doubles as our Family Home Evening AND is opportunity for the kids to get all their crazy/creative energy out before bedtime.

We love family yoga!



Indiana Bones came over to visit!

We love Indy!



The Friday before Halloween the kids' elementary school had the kindergarten Halloween program, the Halloween parade, Halloween carnival, Halloween classroom parties - so a lot of fun activities were going on at school pre-Halloween!



Iron Man Thomas!!



Thomas did such a fantastic job in the kindergarten Halloween performance!



He remembered all the words and sang like a pro!



Here comes Iron Man Thomas in the school parade!



Storm Trooper Nat!



Princess Cinderella Isabelle!



My beautiful girl.

After the parade I volunteered to help do Thomas' class Halloween party. I was so busy running the Halloween bingo station I forgot to take pictures, but the party was a blast!



Friday night Greg and I took Iron Man, Cinderella, and the Storm Trooper to the Halloween carnival at the elementary school. Greg bought the kids each a gazillion tickets, which provided them with hours of entertainment and obscene amounts of candy and prizes {plastic spiders, fake tattoos... things that all made it into the trash before were out the door. Oddly enough, they didn't notice.}



{Sunday Best}

The *funny* part of the weekend was when, on Sunday, Thomas, Isabelle and I drove to church, proud to be there a whole 10 minutes early, and the parking lot was empty. I know Mormons are notorious for not starting on time, but even at 10 minutes early there should have been at least one car in the parking lot, but there wasn't. Not a single car. It turns out it was Stake Conference {I had no idea} so I called Greg, told him I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone, and he took us all {"us all" as in me, him, and our kids} to brunch at Finn's.

Finn's has the best omelets ever, and then I kind of felt OK about accidentally missing church. The three little kids got the 'Little Vikings' breakfast, all with hot chocolate. They make me laugh. The three little ones all like to match and do the same things, and they usually order the same food when we go out. Greg calls them Peter, Paul and Mary.

This last week made me realize that life is pretty perfect. I love everything about it.

No comments: