11.12.2012

October 15-21 {Highlights: Fall Break + Autism Awareness}



{Riley. Isabelle. Thomas}

This week, because of UEA {fall break} Thomas and Isabelle only had school on Monday and Tuesday, so the rest of the week was FUN TIME!!

Our BIG activity of the week was taking the children to the Black Island Harvest Festival up in Syracuse. We went for the first time a few years ago and have been going every year over UEA since, so now it's kind of a tradition. We love it! The kids look forward to it all year long {we really, really love October, the fall time, Halloween, and all the festivities that come along with it!}

At the Harvest Festival the kids love picking out pumpkins in the pumpkin patch, going on wagon rides, train rides, playing in the bounce houses, going down the giant slides, watching the baby pig races, going through the corn maze... the fun goes on and on!

Since the children and I moved down to Salt Lake in August, Isabelle really misses her best friend Riley up in Farmington - - so we gave Riley a call and invited her to the Harvest Festival with us! The girls were so excited to see each other, it was if no time had passed at all. Thomas was equally as excited to see Riley; the three kids are good friends and all get along really well.

The day was wonderful. The weather was warm, but not too warm, the kids had a blast running around together, we ate lunch there, picked out some good looking pumpkins, and before leaving I bought Greg a giant bag of caramel kettle corn - a gift for him for me.

WE LOVE FALL!



The cutest kids ever, with pumpkins and scarecrows!



Hold on Isabelle!!

Going down one of the giant slides



Teeter-tottering



Hi!



Best Friends!



Pretty girls!



Thomas, Riley and Isabelle going down the giant tube-slide all together!



This is so much fun!



Brother and sister, in the pumpkin patch, picking pumpkins!



Being a mom is the best.



Thomas and Isabelle taking a train ride together



Thomas swinging!

{I love his toothy new smile!}



The pumpkin weighs almost as much as she does!



My Pumpkin with his pumpkin!



The highlight of the weekend {besides the Harvest Festival!} was attending the Autism Awareness Fundraiser and Gala for the Clear Horizons Academy.

This year the benefit was held at the new school in Orem, and it was a success! My family goes each year to support the school, and this year I loved bringing Greg. He is going to be my permanent date for the fundraiser from here on out... we always have fun together!



Before the dinner and live auction there's a silent auction. Greg made sure he won bid on this Eiffel Tower magnet board for me that I really wanted for in my bedroom. I love anything Eiffel Tower, and the aqua and deep pink color combination is really pretty to me, and Greg winning this made me super happy!

 I love it, and him.



Alan. Mom. Dad. Stephanie. Sarah. Me. Greg



Us



On our drive home from the fundraiser Greg realized there was a "U" game, and since he never, ever, ever misses a Utah game {and also since we were both dressed up and not really in the mood to just go home!} we went to the Hotel Monaco to watch the final quarter. 

{The Utes lost.}



Over the weekend Greg and I saw two movies: Argo {AMAZING! Loved it, was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time, super good!} and Taken 2 {good}.Then on Sunday evening Greg and I went to dinner at his favorite restaurant, The Kathmandu. They have Indian and Nepali food and it is so, so good! We like the chat and the lamb tikka masala.

This week and weekend was FUN!!

No comments: