11.12.2012

A Full Spin Around The Sun


{October 25, 2012}


As soon as I saw you,
I knew an adventure 
was going to happen.

- Winnie the Pooh


On October 25th Greg and I reached a huge milestone in our relationship - the one year mark

A full spin around the sun.

When I met Greg a year ago, in the fall on the evening of October 25, 2011, I was smitten at first sight. We clicked instantly, and I knew my life would never be the same. We have been together ever since. 

As I reflect on this past year, I am blown away by what an adventure it has been! Not in the crazy roller-coaster kind of way, but more like in the swept-off-my-feet-fairy-tale kind of way.



In Paris, on top of the Arc de Triomphe
with the beautiful Eiffel Tower {my favorite!}
 behind us.



Cathedral de Notre Dame in Paris



{Greg and me at our hotel the first night we were in France - the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel. We call this our "Stanley Kubrick" shot. It's one of my favorites.}


Paris with Greg was the most amazing time of my entire life! Even now, when I think about it, that trip doesn't seem real. It feels like a dream. A really good dream.

The Eiffel Tower {kissing Greg at the top, over the city lights}, The Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Versailles, the boat ride around the Seine River, walking around Paris at night while holding hands and talking about everything, eating the best creme brûlée on earth, all of it - it was the most romantic time of my entire life, and I loved every second of it. I have never had an experience like that before {being in the most romantic city in the world, with someone I was crazy in love with} and it took my breath away.

And the adventures didn't stop there...



In Washington D.C. at the WII Memorial, 
with the Washington Monument behind us.



Kauai, Hawaii with My Love



Horseback riding in Kauai = incredible



On our one year anniversary Greg took me to dinner 
where we went on our first date, Cafe Molise

It was really romantic, and we had a lot of fun 
reflecting on our first year together.



{One year anniversary roses from Greg}



Our first spin around the sun together... what a twelve months it has been! 

The real adventures in our relationship lie in the day-to-day life though. Paris was wonderful, but I can honestly say I don't enjoy being with Greg anymore in Europe than I do being at home with him with Chinese take out and a good movie. Or being at home with him and our kids on a snow day playing games. I just love being with him, and it doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing.

Greg is the best person I have ever known, and everyday I think to myself how lucky I am to have him in my life. I have never been happier. He really is the best of the best! Greg is my one and only and I love him more than anything.

Here's to one year of Greg & Shannon,
and I am excited for many more.

xoxo

No comments: