7.26.2012

We've Gone Country! {Rodeo parts 1 & 2 AND I Can Still Make Cheyenne}


{Cowboy Amazingness}


In the days leading up to Utah's big state holiday, Pioneer Day, we were invited to attend the Days of '47 Rodeo not once, but twice! 

We had VIP seats both times {row 3!} that also included dinner in the Centennial Room and dessert at intermission.

{Thanks Dad!}

The first time we went to the Rodeo, Greg and I went with just my family {rodeo part 1} and when we went back a couple of days later we took our kids {rodeo part 2}. Both times were a blast! The kids loved it, and Isabelle won a t-shirt that she has been wearing daily as a dress ever since.

Since going to the rodeo, I am big-time back into my country phase. I have been listening to a lot of music lately about:

California being full of whiskey, women and gold... 

and

That's my girl and my whole world but that ain't my truck...

I am also trying to coerce Greg into buying a pair of cowboy boots... and a hat.



Days of '47 Rodeo!



The National Anthem









Real. Live. Cowboys.



Nice work, cowboy!







Jamie. Sarah. Alan. Stephanie. Me. Greg.



Wouldn't he look great 
in a pair of boots and a cowboy hat?

YES!!



Thomas, Isabelle & Nat with the horses outside, pre-rodeo!



My Little Cowboy!

I love him so much.



Greg & Olivia



Us



Nat gives the cattle roping 2 thumbs up!




After the rodeo was over, everyone was invited out onto the floor for live music and dancing and whatever.

They played Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire.

The whole night was pretty perfect.






My Dad's law firm helped sponsor the rodeo {thus explaining the VIP tickets} so gate #5 was our lucky gate all night!

The bulls, horses and cowboys that came out of #5 all did amazingly!





DAYS OF '47 RODEO!!



After the rodeo, we went back to Greg's house to roast marshmallows and make s'mores outside on the back deck.

Thomas, having gone completely country by this point, insisted on wearing his cowboy hat and bandanna for the remainder of the night.

I didn't mind.





Super fun activity in celebration of
Utah's upcoming Pioneer Day!




I Can Still Make Cheyenne by George Strait


This is {one of my} most favorite country songs ever, ever!

AND, about 15 months ago, I did see George Strait perform this song, live in concert.

It was one of the greatest moments of my entire life.

The whole time he sang it, a rodeo slide-show was going on the big screen;
so now whenever I think of or see anything rodeo, this song always comes to mind.

There are only 3 real country music singers, and George Strait is one of them.

***

When I had Greg listen to this song the other night, he agreed with me that it was good, and then he promised me he would never choose a rodeo over me.

{I feel so much better knowing that...}

Enjoy!

No comments: