11.28.2012

Yes I Said Yes I Will Yes


{Me and Greg at The Golden Gate Bridge}

The week before Thanksgiving,
Greg took me to San Francisco.

I love San Francisco.

Being in one of my favorite cities with 
my love was beyond spectacular... 
and the trip turned out to be spectacular
for multiple reasons.

{And San Francisco IS called The Paris of the West...}



We stayed at the Hyatt on Fisherman's Wharf
{beautiful and close to everything fun!}
and our first night there we had sushi at
Miyabi Sushi.

The double dragon roll was my favorite.



On our second day in The City by the Bay
we drove across The Golden Gate Bridge,
parked our car and walked across the bridge.

I am seriously way afraid of heights,
{even in Paris, I threatened to punch Greg in the face 
at the top of the Eiffel Tower if he took me too close to the edge. 
How charming is that??}
but eventually I looked over the edge of the bridge
 and was really glad I did.
We saw a ton of dolphins swimming in the ocean below us
and it was really beautiful.



The Lone Sailor at The Golden Gate Bridge



Greg is so good...
he ran two of the mornings on our vacation.
He took this picture on one of his runs.
I love it.
{and him!}



One of the days we were there we had breakfast at this really
good Vietnamese cafe. 
I ordered the lo mien and doused it with Siraracha sauce.
It was so spicy and good -
what a breakfast!



When Greg got word that Hostess was
going out of business, 
he SPRINTED to the nearest 7-Eleven
and cleaned them out of
Twinkies/Cup Cakes/Ding Dongs/Suzie Q's.

Never have I seen him move so quickly in my entire life. 



We had ice-cream at Ghirardelli Square.

Chocolate heaven!



The mermaid fountains at Ghirardelli Square
reminded me of Isabelle,
who in a former life must have been a mermaid,
because she loves mermaids so much!



The mermaid fountains - for Isabelle!



This is the most magical place 
in all of San Francisco.

This is the exact spot where Greg would later 
ask me to marry him!

{I said yes}

I am so glad we have this picture in the daylight
of what it looked like.
As beautiful as it was during the day,
 it was even more spectacular at night.



{November 16, 2012 - the night we got engaged}

THE NIGHT OF THE PROPOSAL:

For our one year anniversary, Greg gave me {us} tickets to see a play in San Francisco, Carmelina. We went to dinner and then to the play, and then afterward for a drive...

It was late, about 11:30 at night when we drove across The Golden Gate Bridge and to the top of a mountain that overlooked the bridge and the entire city of San Francisco. It was so beautiful; the bridge and the city were all lit up and the fog was setting in. It was raining, and Greg asked me if I wanted to get out of the car {he had an umbrella}. So we were standing there looking at the beautiful scene below us, and I started getting a feeling of what was about to happen, and suddenly I became really nervous

After a couple of minutes of standing there together:

Greg: Will you hold the umbrella?
Me: No.
Greg: OK.

Another minute passes...

Greg: Will you hold the umbrella?
Me: No.
Greg: Why not?
Me: Because you are doing a really good job of holding it, and so I think you should just keep on holding it.
Greg: OK.

Another minute passes...

Greg: There's something I have to do...

{and then he just put the umbrella in my hand, and it was either take it or let it fall on his head, because by that time he was down on one knee - so I took it} and then as he slipped the most beautiful ring in the world on my finger he asked: "Will you marry me?" and I immediately said: "yes."

Then I was no longer nervous, just really happy and excited, and then Greg proceeded to give me the most knee-weakening kiss of my entire life. 

A couple of minutes later a car pulled up and some people got out, so we asked one of them to take a picture of us. I'm so glad we have a picture from that night! 



Platinum + princess diamond = sparkly perfection

{He did a good job!}

Everything about the way Greg proposed was perfect.
It was thoughtful, beautiful, romantic
and he didn't make a big show of it. 
What I liked about it most of all though
was that we were alone when he asked me 
to marry him, and it was just between us.

Now as much as I love the Eiffel Tower, I may just love
The Golden Gate Bridge equally as much.
Whenever I see it,
it reminds me of the night Greg asked me
to be his wife.


I am so excited to be the future Mrs. Walker.


I am really looking forward to this next chapter
of our love story in the story of us.
I love Greg more than anything in the world!
He is always so wonderful to me.
However did I get so lucky?

Greg is the best in the universe.
I have wanted to marry him ever since I have known him!
He is my one and only and is
the love of my life.
He is The One.


Yes I said yes I will yes...

{I have always loved that phrase}


xoxo

No comments: