9.12.2012

September 3-9 {Highlights + Amarillo By Morning}


{Isabelle. Nat. Thomas}

:: Labor Day ::
our last day at the outdoor swimming pool
until next summer!!



Silly faces!

Goodbye summer - we will miss you!

{Except for fall is my favorite season, so I really won't.}



Thomas & Isabelle wore their "matching" 
Paris t-shirts to school that I bought for them when 
Greg took me to Paris last April.

Why oh why couldn't I have had Instagram 
while actually IN Paris??

I would have been Instagramming the Eiffel Tower 
all over the place!



After WEEKS of searching high and low 
for big boy bedding for Thomas, 
I FINALLY stumbled on a quilt 
and matching sham set 
that Thomas and I equally
I absolutely love.

The tan squares are made out of corduroy,
and it incorporates just enough of my favorite color,
RED.

{without being too red, because there actually is 
such a thing as too much red
unless you're at a U football game, 
and in that case there's never enough!}

Anyways,
it's perfect for my Thomas' new room!



Scooby-Doo and Thomas too!



Back To School Night!

I met with both kids' teachers.
They are doing so well!
I am very happy with their new school.
Thomas and Isabelle have adjusted 
perfectly since moving here
and are making friends easily.

Moving here was absolutely the right thing to do.

We're all really happy.



When I got to Isabelle's classroom 
on Back To School Night - 
SURPRISE!!

She had this card for me waiting on her desk.
The note inside was so sweet.

I love my angel.



Greg and I went to the Utah vs. Utah State 
football game up in Logan.
Before the game started, 
we had dinner at The Bluebird.
I haven't been there in YEARS, 
but it is my favorite restaurant in Logan.
The Bluebird has been here since 1914, 
and we all know that I really like establishments 
that have "been here forever."



The Utes lost.
It was way sad,
but not nearly as sad as it would be to lose to the *other*



Even so, the game was way intense and Greg and I
 had a ton of fun watching it together.

But then again, we always have fun together.



On Saturday we went to the Greek Festival downtown.

OPAH!

All there really is to do there is stand in line for an hour 
and then eat a ton of authentic Greek food.

Not that I'm complaining -
seriously, this may be the best dinner I have ever had.

We had Greek salad
 {not all our food is pictured here - I left my wide angle lens at home}
stifatho, feta cheese, gyros, kalamata olives, 
kefthethes, tzatziki, pilafi,fasolakia and dolmathes.

SO GOOD!!



{Us at the Greek Festival}




{Amarillo By Morning}

This is my second favorite George Strait song. 
Whenever I hear it, it makes my day.
It's 2:58 minutes of happiness AND
it reminds me of the great day I saw him perform it live.

I like the part where he sings about getting his saddle 
taken away in Houston and then 
losing his wife and girlfriend along the way. 
It makes me laugh.

I'm a super fan of George Strait.



:: THE END ::

No comments: